Makeover Monday - Mum's Birthday Look

3:17 pm














My mum has been waiting for me to do her makeup for so long but I'm so used to doing my sisters face she has become my near on permanent dummy! But on Friday it was my mums bithday so after she opened her presents I decided to do her hair and makeup then take her out for lunch. (I know I'm adorable) I don't usually do my mums makeup to this extent, I usually keep it at the foundation with a little bit of bronzer, eyeshadow and mascara but this time I thought nah. We're going all out here mam!

1. Makeup Base
My mum actually went and moisturised before she came downstairs for me to do her makeup so I can't actually say what we used as a primer this time! Firstly I used my 'Rimmel London Lasting Finish Foundation' and applied it to her face using my damp beauty blender. 

My mum has really fair hair on her eyebrows like me, but I am used to filling in my eyebrows quite dark and I didn't want to overwhelm her! So instead of my usual brow kit I actually took my eyebrow brush and used the shade 'Caffeine Fix' from my 'Fortune Favours The Brave Palette' and lightly filled in her brows. I was actually quite surprised how well this worked! You can slightly see them in the second picture as her full fringe covers them.

After finishing her brows I took my 'Collection Lasting Perfection Concealers' and using the shade 'Light' applied her highlight in an upside down triangle under her eyes, a little above her brows, down the bridge of her nose, and some on her upper lip & chin. I then made sure it was all blended in with my beauty blender. Once her highlight was done I took the same brand concealer in the shade 'Dark' and applied her contour just under her cheekbones, along her forehead and down the sides of her nose before blending them out so there were no harsh lines.

2. Set Your Face
The same as always with me, I took my trusty 'Johnson's Baby Powder' and applied it to her highlighted areas using a fluffy face brush. After doing this I took my 'Collection Highlight & Sculpt Contour Kit' and blended it in with her contoured areas with a contouring brush. I usually apply a little bit of blusher but lately I haven't been wearing it as much because I felt like it was taking the definition away from my contouring so I left it out on my mums makeup aswell.

3. Eyes
To prime her eyes I used my 'Collection Illuminating & Reviving Eye Primer' and applied it to her eyelids up to her brows. After doing this I took the shade 'Cashmere' from the 'Fortune Favours The Brave Palette' and applied it to the crease of her eyes, I then took the shade 'Caffeine Fix' and started to build up the colour in the outer corners of her eyes.

Once I had done this I took the shade 'Super Gold' from the same palette and applied it to her eyelids. I then used the shade 'New World' at the inner corners of her eyes for a highlight. After her eyeshadow was complete I applied my 'Sheer Cover Lengthening Mascara' to her top and bottom lashes before applying her natural looking false lashes.

4. Finishing Touches
To finish the look I took my 'Vivid Baked Highlighter' in the shade 'Peach Lights' and applied it to her cheekbones and down the bridge of her nose with a highlighting brush. My mum has quite thin lips so I thought I would try to make them look a bit more plumped by using the 'Rimmel London Lip Conour Pencil' to line her lips and then applied 'Rimmel London's Oh My Gloss' lipgloss in clear.

And there we have it! I was really pleased with how her makeup turned out because as I said, I hadn't done it to this extent before! I am actually going to add a before and after picture below because I thought it was such a dramatic difference!














RIGHT?! I also love how her eyes just 'popped'! They looked so bright once I was finished I don't even know what I did to make them look this blue! She will probably kill me once she finds out there is a before picture on here but I felt like it needed to be done! I'll be linking the products I used below so be sure to go check them out!

'Rimmel London Lasting Finish Foundation, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealers, Johnsons Baby Powder, Collection Contour Kit, Collection Eye Primer, Rimmel London Lip Contour Pencil & Rimmel London Oh My Gloss' can all be bought here.
'Fortune Favours The Brave Palette & Vivid Baked Highlighter' can be bought here.
'Sheer Cover Lengthening Mascara' can be bought here.
'No7 False Eyelashes' can be bought here.

And that's everything dolls! I hope you like this look because I loved the outcome! Be sure to go to my side bar and give me a follow on here and Bloglovin'! Also don't forget to hop on over to my Facebook page 'Katrina's Beauty Bible' and give it a like!

Enjoy my lovelies!...

- Katrina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments