For The Ladies...

8:51 pm












I'm not sure what kind of reaction I'm going to get from this post but I feel like this is important. I recently shared the pictures above on two seperate occasions on Facebook because I think both of these women are absolutely stunning! Now, I know not everyone has the same opinions and I respect that. I was expecting the responses 'Oh she's Beautiful!' or 'Wow I love her makeup!', what I wasn't expecting was to get the response "She looks ******* ridiculous!" on both pictures by two different people.

I also respect that on one of the comments after saying she looks 'ridiculous' the person mentioned "What's wrong with natural beauty?". With that I agree, there is absolutely nothing wrong with natural beauty. Not all women like to wear makeup and there is nothing wrong with that at all. But what is wrong is that if the lady in the first picture wasn't wearing dark lipstick nothing would have been said, and if the lady in the second picture wasn't wearing a lot of highlighter nothing would have been said? 

It really got to me that these beautiful women were called 'ridiculous' for putting on makeup they wanted to wear and wearing it how THEY wanted to wear it. What some people don't understand is not everyone wears makeup to please other people, not everyone wears makeup to impress some boy. Some women and even men at that, wear makeup just because they God damn want to! Some people wear makeup to feel better with THEMSELVES. Hell, I wear a lot of makeup but I can tell you now I don't wear it for anyone other than myself because I enjoy it and yes it makes me feel good about myself?!

I am not at all saying ladies who don't wear makeup can't feel good about themselves because of course they can! If you like how you are, what you wear, what you put on or don't put on your face then please don't even give a second thought to what anyone else might think because it's nobodies decision but yours.

So if you want to wear that bright lipstick then wear it, if you want your highlighter to be seen by the Gods then cake it on honey and let their negativity rebound off it and hit them in the face! First there was hate towards women who don't wear makeup and now there is hate towards women who do wear makeup and no doubt there will be negativity towards something else soon! But don't stop wearing or doing something you enjoy because of what people might say, man or woman be confident enough to do what you love without worrying what people might say or think of you.

- Katrina x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I agree with you completely! Everyone should just do what they feel like and stop listening to what other people think. Everyone else should try to stop judging everyone as well, I know sometimes I am even guilty of that, but I will work on trying not to anymore. Also the first girls lip color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I myself cared too much about what people thought for far too long! & I think everyone is guilty of being judgemental at some point it's just what people do. It's whether they decide to keep their opinions to themselves or not. Your blogs looking fab so far btw gal! xxx

      Delete