Translucent Powder Alternative

2:25 pm












Some of you ladies may have already heard of this alternative but for those of you who don't know, I hope this helps you!

The trusty translucent powder, where would we be without it? Translucent powder has become more popular since contouring and highlighting has turned into a MUST on our daily makeup routines. We don't really want these coloured powders to set our faces anymore, we want to set our highlight without it being turned a different colour! This is where translucent powders have become our best friends, they don't make the highlight darker and they set your makeup perfectly! 

There are many different makes of translucent powders but I'm using 'MAC' as an example. Yes, yes I know 'MAC' are fabulous but do we really need to be spending £20.50 on a 8g pot when we can use an alternative that does exactly the same thing costing £1.10 for 200g? I know which one I'd rather do! 

I started using baby powder to set my highlight quite a while ago, I mostly use it when I use oil based products for my primer because in my experience baby powder has kept my makeup matte for longer when I use this! Since I have rather oily skin this is perfect for me and I love the matte look! Maybe its just my inner little bargain hunter speaking when I say there really is no necessity to be spending £22.50 on an 8g pot? Make it 150g and I might think about it!

It only popped to my head to post about this today when I was thinking of all the people who don't know that you can use baby powder to set your face! I absolutely love using baby powder, it leaves your makeup extra matte, prevents your skin from getting oily, makes your face super smooth & soft and you can get scented ones too! What's better than having a face as soft as a babies bum and that smells amazing too?! 

It's so easy to do, you just dip whatever makeup brush you would like to use into the powder. Tap off the excess and gently dab onto your highlighted areas. It's that simple! 

I hope you guys like the sound of this more affordable translucent powder! You can buy baby powder from nearly every store and supermarket so be sure to give it a try and let me know how it goes for you!

I hope this helped!...

- Katrina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments