Requested - Baking Your Face?!

5:10 pm
















They're trying to drive us insane aren't they? First there was the highlighting and contouring, the strobing and now baking?! A girl can hardly keep up! But don't worry yourselves my lovelies we're not about to be shoving our faces in the oven! In fact it is a lot easier than you think! 

The picture above isn't from today like the others will be, simply because I couldn't get as good of a picture! The picture above is from quite a while ago when I was talking my sister through it! I can't actually believe I'm posting my face this bare for everyone to see (yes this is bare to me) and please excuse the fact I just got out of bed! Anyway it's all good lets get down to business!

1. Triangular Sponge















First things first, you'll need one of these little triangular sponges. They're super cheap and you can get a big packet of them for like £1?! 

2. Dunk'a Dunk!















A strange heading I know but we're gonna 'dunk' the sponge into the translucent powder. Not too much!

3. Bake Your Highlight















After getting some powder on your sponge you're going to apply it to where you have applied your highlighter and let it sit for a few minutes! I like to apply my powder then go ahead and finish my contouring while it's 'baking'.

4. Brush Off The Excess















After brushing off the excess you're all done! You can leave your face to bake for 5-10 minutes if you want it left for longer but I just brush off the excess powder after finishing my contouring!

And that's it! You can now go ahead and finish the rest of your makeup! The lady who requested this asked if my makeup went 'flaky' after baking my face and incase anyone else was wondering no mine doesn't. I have only ever used baby powder (that I used today) or 'Ben Nye' banana powder to bake and neither have gone flaky so if you haven't tried either of these I would recommend it!

I hope this helped you ladies who were a bit thrown back by the whole 'baking' fiasco, I know I was! But it really is super simple it's just the thought of it that's a bit daunting! One thing that is fabulous about baking and using the triangular sponge is you can get that nice sharp contour line that you cant get just applying powder with a brush!

Now that you know how to bake and get your contour sharp enough to kill a man you're ready to go dolls! Let me know how you all get on if it's your first time 'baking'! Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin' and like my Facebook page, both are in my sidebar!

Love y'all!...

- Katrina x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, I wish I knew how to do stuff like this. The extent of my makeup is moisturizer, eyeliner on the bottom lash line and mascara. The only other things I can do is eyeliner on the top of my lashes, and one shade of eye shadow on my lids haha and every so often a lip color. I wish I could do makeup as good as you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you my love! It's really just loads of practice once you get the hang of it it's super easy! xxx

      Delete
  2. Also, not to just change topics on this post but how does bloglovin work exactly? (I just wasn't sure another way of contacting you to ask, sorry!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay gal! You can either go on their website or download their app, you create an account and then 'claim' your blog by copying your blogs url and you're good to go! You can follow peoples blogs on there and it makes it a bit easier for them to find and follow yours too! xxx

      Delete