My Perfect Nude Lip Alternative

7:45 pm














Gals, I have some terrible news...My Sleek Matte Me lipstick ran out and it was my favourite nude lipstick ever! It was the shade 'Birthday Suit' and for now I have to say farewell. (Until I get another one) But it's not all doom and gloom because I am going to be telling you all about my second favourite, my 'backup nude' if you like!

If you know me then you know I have a love for all things nude! Nude lipstick, nude nails, nude clothing, nude life! Okay maybe not nude life, apparently it's not socially acceptable to parade around nude all day...But anyway! This gal loves her nude lippy and the fact my favourite one ran out made me so sad! But not to worry because my 'Maybelline Creamy Mattes' lipstick was there to save the day!

I actually forgot how nice this lipstick was since I have been wearing my 'Sleek' lipstick nearly every time I've done my face! As the name gives away, the new 'Maybelline Colour Sensational Mattes' are in fact 'Creamy Mattes' and I fell in love as soon as I first put this on my lips! It made a nice change to come back to my 'Creamy Matte' because they keep your lips moisturised and don't dry them out unlike my 'Sleek' lipstick does if you reapply it. It also made a nice change to go back to a paler lipstick, I prefer darker nudes but I felt like it made my makeup look a bit more natural than it usually does and I quite liked it!

My 'Sleek Matte Me' lipstick is my favourite because it is a darker nude and it's long lasting, even sometimes after eating and drinking it's still going strong! It isn't tacky or sticky and dries quickly to a comfortable matte on your lips. Unless you reapply quite a few times then obviously your lips will become very dry! You also don't need alot, the slightest bit of lipstick on your applicator goes a long way with this product and I love it!

I'm not saying my 'Creamy Matte' is my second favourite because it is a bad product because it is anything but! Yes it comes off easier but it's such a nice pale nude that to be honest, you barely notice! I forget I even have a matte lipstick on when I wear it because it's so light and moisturising! I must say, while typing this I've realised the 'Sleek Matte Me' lipstick is really only my favourite because it lasts longer and is a darker matte!

I absolutely love both of these lipsticks but lets be honest. It's me, I love every lipstick! I would definitely recommend both of these products to every gal who loves her nude lippies! I have a review on the 'Sleek Matte Me' lipstick up already so if you haven't read it already be sure to go check it out!

If you were wondering what shade this lipstick is, it is called '930 Nude Embrace' from the 'Maybelline Colour Sensational Matte' range which you can check out here.

I hope this helped all you ladies who love their natural, nude lipsticks!

- Katrina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments