Makeover Monday - Rose Gold

4:03 pm
















It's that time of the week again! Granted, Monday isn't everyone's favourite day but hopefully 'Makeover Monday' will brighten it up for you! 

It won't always be me doing makeup on myself, some will be on my sister (above), my mum or anyone else who fancies me attacking their face with makeup! *evil laugh* So lets get started!...

1. Makeup Base
First of all I took 'NYC's Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer' and gently applied it all over her face. It's really important to gently apply your primer because if you're too rough you may disrupt dead skin cells which will prevent you from getting a smooth finish, this is why it's a good idea to exfoliate beforehand also!

After priming I took my damp beauty blender and applied her 'Rimmel Match Perfection' foundation in the shade 'True Ivory' to her face. Once this was done I went ahead and filled in her brows using 'Makeup Revolution's Focus & Fix Brow Kit' in 'Dark'. Once her brows were finished I moved onto her highlight and contour, to do this I used 'Makeup Revolution's Ultra Cream Contour Palette'. 

First I used the lightest shade and applied an upside down triangular shape under her eyes, a little above her brows, down the bridge of her nose, above her lip and on her chin. I then blended it all out with a beauty blender. After the highlight was finished I used the darkest shade and applied it just under her cheekbones, down the sides of her nose and to the top of her forehead, after this I blended it all out again. What I do after contouring is I take the lightest shade I used for highlighting again and apply it under the contour below the cheekbones which keeps it looking sharp!

2. Set Your Face
After finishing the base of her makeup I went ahead and 'baked' her face. To do this I took a small triangular sponge, dipped it in baby powder and applied it everywhere I used the light concealer to highlight. When 'baking' you leave it to set your face for a few minutes so while that was happening I used 'Makeup Revolution's Ultra Bronze, Shimmer and Highlight' to set the contour on her face. After doing this I brushed off the excess baby powder before moving to her eyes.

3. Eyes
First for her eyes I used the 'Collection Illuminating & Reviving Eye Primer' and applied it on her eyelid up to her brows. I then used a fluffy eyeshadow brush and taking the 7th shade in the 'Makeup Revolution Iconic 3' palette I applied it to her eyelid crease. After blending it out I took the 10th shade from the same palette and started building up the darker shade. Once I had done this I used 'Makeup Revolution's Rose Gold Eye Foil' and applied it to her eyelid, after doing this we used the 'Makeup Revolution Double Flick Thick & Thin' eyeliner and applied it to her upper lashline. Once this was finished we applied the 'Sheer Cover Lengthening Mascara' to her upper and lower lashes before putting on her false eyelashes.

4. Finishing Touches
To finish the look I took the 'Makeup Revolution Peach Lights Highlighter' and applied to to her cheekbones and down the bridge of her nose using a highlighter brush. 

And there we have it! I actually done her makeup in the picture above on Christmas day but it's still one of my favourie looks I've done on my sister! I hope you guys like it! I'll link where you can get the products I used below so you guys can check them out!

'NYC Primer' can be bought here.
'Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation' can be bought here.
'Collection Eye Primer' can be bought here.
'Sheer Cover Lengthening Mascara' can be bought here.
'Ultra Cream Contour Kit, Focus & Fix Brow Kit, Ultra Bronzer, Iconic 3 Palette, Rose Gold Eye Foil, Double Flick Thick & Thin Eyeliner and Peach Lights Highlighter' can all be bought here.

Again, I hope you all like this! If there's anything inparticular you would like to see please feel free to leave a comment or message me on my Facebook page which can be found in the side bar! 

Thank you for reading gals!...

- Katrina x

You Might Also Like

1 comments