Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Review

5:43 pm
















I've been really eager to try this foundation and I'm happy to say I finally have! Which is strange for me because I have used the 'Rimmel London Match Perfection' foundation for so long I've been scared I'd try something else and not like it! There are many pro's about this product and only one tiny con which we will eventually get to but first lets start with the overall look!

Okay so as usual we're going to start with the packaging because you all know how much I love pretty bottles/boxes etc! The bottle design for this foundation is speaking to me on a spiritual level. I just love the simplicity of it, how it looks so sleek and high end, it makes me happy just seeing this on my dressing table! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it had a pump instead of having to pour it onto a beauty blender because I had watched video reviews before purchasing this product and all of them had to pour the product from the bottle to use it. Of course I wasn't going to break the seal in the shop to see so I thought I'd try it regardless and see how it all worked out!

There weren't many shades in the shop I went into which was Tesco (I know, I was in a foundation emergency guys!) so I ended up getting it in the shade '120 Classic Ivory'. Now, when I think of classic ivory I think quite pale, yes? I am sad to say this wasn't the case, I swatched a tiny bit of the product on my wrist while in the shop (again, I know but I was in a rush!) and I thought "Okay, I can work with this" as it was the palest shade they had and it looked a LOT lighter in the bottle. It probably doesn't help that I am the colour of a milk bottle, its a good thing I use very light concealers to highlight when doing my makeup because they really helped die down the foundation colour and the areas left darker helped with my contour so really it didn't turn out so bad! But had I just left it on my skin without my concealer It would have been really dark and quite orangey...Not so attractive.

I am not knocking this product at all because the colour match was my fault entirely! It goes on very smoothly and feels very light on the skin which I really liked. It isn't high coverage but I'm pretty sure this foundation was meant for the more natural look which is nice because that too adds to the lightweight feel. Another thing I love about it is how easy it is to blend! I use a dark concealer for my contour and it is a lot harder to blend on high coverage foundations, but with this one its done and perfectly blended whip dip dash! Its also really easy to get take off with a facial wipe, I know that might sound quite strange to some of you but my 'Rimmel London' foundation was slightly 'tougher' to take off.

All in all the formula of the foundation I absolutely love! I've always gone for thicker foundations to get more coverage so it was a nice change to use a lightweight foundation. It cost £8 so its still a really good drugstore price and we all know how much I love a good bargain! I would definitely recommend this product, what I will add is to make sure you get the perfect shade for you and not make the same mistake I did! I'll link where you can get this foundation from below so be sure to try it for yourself and tell me what you think!

You can purchase this product from the Superdrug website here. Or straight from the Maybelline website here.  

I hope this review helped you ladies! Be sure to share & give me a follow to keep up to date with my upcoming posts!

Love you guys!...

-Katrina

You Might Also Like

0 comments