Requested - My Haircare Routine

4:11 pm












After reading one of my first posts a lovely lady requested I share my haircare routine and I'm so glad she did because I have been waiting to share this with you guys! As I said in one of my recent posts I never really took care of my hair, didn't get it trimmed regularly and I used heat on it near on every day. Big no no! Above are the products I use on my hair so I'm going to be talking you through my haircare routine step by step and have a little review on the products while we're there. Enjoy!...

1: 'Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo'
After having an inch cut off my hair I decided I was going to start taking care of my hair properly because I would love it longer than it is so I went and bought 'Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo'. I don't know about you guys but I absolutely love 'Dove' products, their body wash, moisturisers, shampoos, conditioners. They're just amazing and always have such a gorgeous smell! To be honest it was the smell that sold this product to me! I use this shampoo every time I shower and it leaves my hair shiny and smelling fabulous.

2: 'Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner'
I got this conditioner and the shampoo in 'Morrisons' on a deal for 2 for £3, not bad right?! After washing out my shampoo I apply quite a generous amount of conditioner through the ends of my hair and make sure I focus smoothing it through to the tips, if there is leftover conditioner on my hands (which there usually is) I smooth it through the top of my hair too. The 'Intensive Repair' shampoo and conditioner are perfect to be used on damaged hair because they help to progressively make your hair stronger and they make it super soft, nourished, shiny and knot free!

3: 'Shwarzkopf Gliss Liquid Silk Express Hair Repair Conditioner'
I got this leave in conditioner in 'Savers' for £2. Firstly, what a bargain?! And second, how have I lived without this?! It's in a spray bottle and comes out as a light mist so there's not too much product going onto your hair, I can't quite place the scent but all I know is it smells good! After getting out of the shower and towel drying my hair I brush it all through and separate it in two sections down my sides. After this I spray around 3 mists down each side and make sure I add an extra to the ends and brush it all through again. Some people will probably think using a leave in conditioner is unnecessary as I conditioned my hair in the shower beforehand but I think this really adds to your ends being extra nourished and shiny! (I also spray a tiny bit on the top of my hair from a distance which leaves a nice shine) I then plait my hair and go to bed.

4: 'Aussie Take The Heat Defence Spray'
 I also got this heat defence spray from 'Morrisons' for £3 and for 'Aussie' that's not too shabby! I mainly got this one because it specifically said you can use it on wet or dry hair and since I always shower at night I wanted one to be able to spray on before straightening my hair in the mornings. Of course if you shower in the mornings or during the day you can still repeat the steps above and just apply this before blow drying! I've always loved 'Aussie', their shampoos & conditioners are some of my favourite hair products ever! The smell of this heat defence spray is again what sold this product to me, it has such a gorgeous, exotic smell which is to die for! I use this before I straighten my hair which usually means I'm going out so I spray this through my hair and while it dries I do my makeup. By the time I'm done putting my face on my hair is dry and ready to go! So I go ahead and straighten my hair without the worry of damaging it with heat!

5: 'Tresemme Split Remedy Serum'
Again I bought this serum from 'Savers' for £2 and you all know I love me some 'Savers'! This product is actually meant for being smoothed through the hair before blow drying but it does say you can apply a small pump to the ends of your hair after styling for extra smoothness which is what I do! And it does exactly what it says, its good for if your hair has gone static too because my hair does all the time and this serum really tames it. This product also smells fabulous so by the time you've used all of these products on your hair it is left smelling absolutely AMAZING!

I've been doing this routine since I last had my hair cut which was 6 weeks ago and it has really helped to strengthen my hair, keep it shiny, has helped it grow, and it's always so soft it feels like it's been blessed by angels! I only ever use heat on my hair when I go out which isn't very often so that too has helped with my hair growth! I got all of these products from 'Morrisons' and 'Savers' so I'll link the websites below or you can check them out at any supermarket near you!

I hope this helps all you ladies with damaged hair because these products have certainly helped me! Be sure to let me know how you get on and don't forget to follow my Bloglovin' account in my sidebar as well as my Facebook page!

You can check these out on the 'Morrisons' website here. Or on the 'Savers' website here.

Hope you guys have a fab day!

- Katrina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments